There are three main ways you are able to help support this site. And, it really does matter.
- Engaging in conversation with thoughtful comments: It really is all about the conversations we have. When they are engaging, thoughtful, and respectful, we all win. This does not mean we have to agree. There is healthy disagreements.
- Share these articles with others through social media networks: All it takes is a click of the mouse to share on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and other online venues.
- Make a one time or monthly donation to help support this website: Writing is a healthy passion and not a mere hobby. It takes work to maintain the website, time spent researching, developing, and publishing original content. All financial contributions will be utilized to maintain, promote, and pay for other people to contribute.
You are not only supporting this website, you are also supporting a wonderful cause. I have chosen to make a monthly contribution to the National Coalition for the Homeless. from what proceeds are made. What this means is that every month, I will be making a 10% contribution to this wonderful organization. Their mission:
The National Coalition for the Homeless is a national network of people who are currently experiencing or who have experienced homelessness, activists and advocates, community-based and faith-based service providers, and others committed to a single mission: To prevent and end homelessness while ensuring the immediate needs of those experiencing homelessness are met and their civil rights protected.
We envision a world where everyone has a safe, decent, affordable and accessible home. We are committed to creating the systemic and attitudinal changes necessary to prevent and end homelessness. We take as our first principle of practice that people who are currently experiencing homelessness or have formerly experienced homelessness must be actively involved in all of our work. Our programs are centered around public education, policy advocacy, and grassroots organizing, and are focused on the issues of housing justice, economic justice, health care justice, and civil rights.
All this site is asking for is a $2.00 to $5.00 monthly contribution. The reason for making a financial contribution to NCH is that Homeless Lives really do matter. The good news is that when this site receives $1,000.00 or more in monthly contributions, a 30% – 50% contribution will be made to the National Coalition for the Homeless.
Together, we are able to advocate, promote awareness, and engage in policy priorities of:
- Civil Rights of those experiencing homelessness
- Advocating for programs and services to assist those experiencing homelessness
- Help finding much needed and permanent funding sources to create affordable housing